If you are thinking about buying a property in the Canyons area of Park City Mountain Resort there are several things to think about before buying. Canyons has exchanged ownership over the past 40 to 50 years to get to where we are today and as you can imagine there are some complexities. So many complexities that without writing a short book I won't be able to cover them all in this short blog post.
1. When referring to different neighborhoods of Canyons remember that anything above Red Pine Road is referred to as the "Resort Core." Frostwood Villas is to the right of the round-about and the neighborhood below Red Pine is called "Lower Village."
2. Real Estate in Canyons is highly diverse. There is fractional ownership in the Grand Summit Hotel, there are condos in the sub $300,000 range in Red Pine, there are ski-in ski-out condos, ski-in ski-out homes, ski-in ski-out lots if you want to build, and properties for every type of buyer.
3. At this time the Sunrise Lift is only proposed but it will add considerable value to area. At this time we believe there will be a lift but the exact location is unknown.
4. There is a 2% CVMA transfer fee that goes to public services, amenities, maintenance, and transportation with Canyons. This fee is collected on nearly all areas within Canyons except some Sundial and some Grand Summit, Red Pine ($50 fee), Hidden Creek (no properties for sale at the time of this post), and Colony are not subject to the CVMA transfer fee.
5. Canyons' goal is to be a four season resort. I can tell you that the mountain biking is terrific and there's great skiing on the largest resort in North America.
6. Canyons may be referred to as Canyons Village, Canyons or The Canyons. People who have been visiting Park City or lived in the area for years may still refer to it as Wolf Mountain.
7. Canyons is changing and evolving for the better and within a week some of the above items can change. Vail has injected over $50,000,000+ into the resort and will continue to improve the operations of the resort - they even have an app to improve the efficiency of their lift lines.
8. You can view all properties for sale in Canyons at the following link: http://www.realestateinparkcity.com/the-canyons.php