Keypoints: Here you will find in-depth information about Deer Valley real estate, the communities within the area, the newest and best property listings, & the Deer Valley lifestyle.
Whether you’re seeking a ski-in-ski-out vacation home or a luxurious condo nestled in the mountain with spectacular views, Deer Valley real estate has all your bases covered by showing you every property available for sale on the Park City Multiple Listing Service.
Choose from Deer Valley's four distinct areas that make up this one-of-a-kind resort, and experience Park City, Utah living to the fullest.
Deer Valley Resort Area is located in Park City, Utah, and has continued to expand over the past several decades, and encompasses the following four unique areas of real estate:
- Upper Deer Valley is made up of 35 subdivisions that surround the Silver Lake area, close to a variety of restaurants, shops, and renowned lodges. Many of these properties have premiere ski access to the top ski resort in America.
- Lower Deer Valley includes 30 subdivisions, which are located at the base of Deer Valley Resort. This area of DV provides excellent views at the lowest price point.
- Deer Crest offers ski-in-ski-out access for nearly all the properties for sale, excluding Snowtop. Homes and condos offer stunning views of Bald Mountain and Jordanelle Reservoir with easy access to Park City and the Salt Lake International Airport.
- Empire Pass is a master-planned community and the newest neighborhood in the Deer Valley resort area. Aside from ski homes, Empire Pass offers the Talisker membership that provides access to the Talisker Club, shuttle service, and amenities in Tuhaye which includes golf.
Refine Your Search: Deer Valley Home Listings | Deer Valley Condos for Sale
From luxurious ski-in-ski-out single-family homes to condos and vacant lots, Deer Valley boasts plenty of choices for incoming buyers. Deer Valley condos for sale feature more amenities than you’d expect from a condo, including beautiful restaurants, spas, swimming pools, and abundant meeting spaces.
Since many Deer Valley homes and condos are ski-in-ski-out they intermingle with the resort, this area is known for its outstanding amenities, like free parking lot shuttles, ski valets, world-class cuisine, ski lessons, ski storage, and childcare. When it comes to snow-capped luxury, it doesn’t better than this!
Review of the 2019 Sales Trends for Real Estate Deer Valley
Deer Valley has always been great to The Carlson Real Estate Team as selling ski properties is a large portion of our overall sales, that might be because we love the homes and condos in Deer Valley so much!
As you can see from the data below, when comparing 2019 to 2020, the number of transactions was up by 58% in 2020. The days on market dramatically dropped and the average price only increased by approximately seven percent to $2,802,965. With interest rates being at all-time lows, the percentage of buyers who financed property increased.
Below are the total Deer Valley sales numbers for all Park City real estate brokers for 2019 and 2020.
Deer Valley Real Estate Statistics 2020:
- Total Dollar Volume: $686,726,555
- Number of Transactions: 246
- Highest Sales Price $9,500,000
- Lowest Sales Price: $474,500 (Fractional)
- Average Sales Price: $2,802,965
- Average Days on Market: 135.4
- What Percent of Buyers in Deer Valley Pay Cash: 53%
- The Number of Short Sales or Foreclosures in Deer Valley: 0
DEER VALLEY REAL ESTATE STATISTICS 2019:
- Total Dollar Volume: $405,619,744
- Number of Transactions: 155
- Highest Sales Price $23,750,000
- Lowest Sales Price: $695,000
- Average Sales Price: $2,616,902
- Average Days on Market: 221
- What Percent of Buyers in Deer Valley Pay Cash: 59%
- The Number of Short Sales or Foreclosures in Deer Valley: 0
Life in Deer Valley
Naturally, Deer Valley properties offer plenty of entertainment for ski fanatics. Proudly known as 1 of 3 skier-only ski resorts in North America, the Deer Valley area features fabulous slopes, amazing customer service, and delicious food.
In the summertime, residents flock to their Deer Valley vacation homes to experience 55 miles of superb biking trails. Complete with plenty of hiking, horseback riding, paddleboarding, and concerts at the amphitheater, there’s never a dull moment in Deer Valley - regardless of the season!
Even up in the mountains, you’ll always be just a stone’s throw from local amenities. Many Deer Valley homes for sale are just 5 minutes from the popular historic Main Street in Park City, with its highly acclaimed restaurants, nightclubs, and shopping opportunities.
Deer Valley is also situated just 40 minutes from Salt Lake International Airport, and less than 20 minutes from Park City Hospital. For all your grocery needs, there are plenty of options on-site or just minutes away from Deer Valley homes for sale.
Interested in seeing Deer Valley homes & condos for yourself? Contact Derrik Carlson today for trusted assistance and more information about stunning Deer Valley properties for sale.
New Condo Developments in Deer Valley, Utah
Over the past several years there have been four major new condo developments in Deer Valley Resort Area. All four development offers a high-level of amenities and ski-in-ski-out access to the ski runs of Deer Valley.
The area offers great summer and winter experiences with fantastic views. There will soon be new construction opportunities at St. Regis.
- Empire Residences is currently under construction and offers twenty ski-in-ski-out luxury residences located at the base of the Silver Strike Chairlift in Empire Pass.
- Goldener Hirsch is located on the last remaining development parcel in Upper Deer Valley's Silver Lake Village.
- One Empire Pass consists of 27 individual residences with large glass windows and fantastic views of Old Town and Empire Pass.
- Argent will be ready for the 21/22 ski season that offers residences of 1,627 sq ft to over 4,000 sq ft.
- Stein Eriksen Residences offers 39 condominiums and 15 mountain contemporary homes in Upper Deer Valley.
- Sommet Blanc Deer Valley is the last development in Empire Pass. Consisting of 54 condominiums and six townhomes with excellent ski access.
How to Get a Great Deal on a Home or Condo in Deer Valley
Deer Valley is the most expensive area for real estate in Utah but still a much better value than some other high-end ski towns. You'll notice that the sales process may take a bit longer here and in reality, no one really has to buy and no one really has to sell - but everyone wants to be here!
As a Deer Valley Realtor, I've had great success getting the best deals for my clients by going after older listings that have been on the market for a while, and maybe that needs some remodeling. Often after the home sits for a while the seller is willing to negotiate the terms of the contract more in the favor of the buyer.
I have a great contractor I work with as well as several interior designers that can help take a tired property to a "like-new" property. This way you can buy a property in one of the best locations and add your own personal touch! We recently finished a remodel on a home in The Bald Eagle Club for clients that purchased a $5,000,000+ ski-in-ski-out home and wanted their own by changing the kitchen around a bit, updated the color scheme, and new tile in the bathrooms.
Currently, a client is using my recommendation of a contractor and interior designer to do a remodel including floors, paint, kitchen, railing that will add instant equity to the owner's vacation property.
Why I Love Deer Valley Real Estate
"Derrik, why do you love Deer Valley so much?" was a question that was recently posed to me. At the time, I didn't have a great answer and it's something I had to think about while in Deer Valley.
As we all know, there are some amazing areas and neighborhoods to live in and around Park City but Deer Valley is a personal favorite. After much thought, my answer is this - I love the long views of Park City and the Unita Mountains from Deer Valley.
I love being in the forest listening to the birds chirp and the wind blow through the trees. I love being in Deer Crest looking past Jordanelle Reservoir and going past the Montage to Guardsman Pass in the fall right after the first snowfall. What comes to mind when writing this is a quote by Oscar Wilde that I joke with my wife about ... “I'm a man of simple tastes. I'm always satisfied with the best.”
Deer Valley Real Estate Agents
Are you considering buying or selling real estate in Deer Valley? Let our team of Deer Valley real estate agents guide you through the dynamic home and condo market of Deer Valley. As expert Realtors in Deer Valley, we have exclusive insider knowledge of Deer Valley's hottest and best properties for sale.
Try our advanced Park City MLS search. You can easily search & filter properties by location, price, amenities, and more to find exactly what you're looking for in a Deer Valley Property.
Deer Valley Resort Area Frequently Asked Real Estate Questions
What's the elevation of Deer Valley?
The base altitude of Deer Valley Resort is located 6,570 feet above sea level, the altitude in the mid-mountain area, commonly known as Silver Lake Village, is 8,100 feet, and the altitude at the Empire summit is 9,570 feet.
Can you snowboard from your home too?
No, the resort only allows skiers.
What are the benefits of Deer Valley vs other Park City ski properties?
Park City has a more temperate climate and is much easier to get to than many other ski towns and Utah has The Best Snow on Earth. Deer Valley is the top resort, depending on the year, for large groups of people of all ages. In terms of comparing the resort to other local resorts, Deer Valley takes great pride in its ski runs to ensure everyone enjoys the mountain.
What types of properties does Deer Valley have for sale?
Deer Valley offers many different options if you're in the market for a ski property. There are homes, condos, stacked condos, land, and even some fractional ownership. Properties can be "in the trees" or offer long views of the Park City valley or the Jordanelle area. With four major areas of Deer Valley, there are many different settings that work great for everyone.
What if I don't ski - is Deer Valley still a good option?
If you enjoy peaceful serenity in the mountains with nearby amenities and fun summer concerts, yes!