The Canyons Village Ski Condos Information & Real Estate Listings
This page is designed to offer a comprehensive overview of condos for sale in The Canyons Park City, Utah
The Canyons Village in Park City, Utah offers condos that are primarily built around skiing and snowboarding, but the area also offers activities such as golf, mountain biking, concerts, zip lines, alpine coasters for the summer and fall months. The Canyons is part of Park City Mountain Resort and connects what were once two separate ski resorts to create the largest resort in America.
Information on Condominiums for Sale in The Canyons Village:
Every property in The Canyons Village has something different to offer. Pendry will soon be added to the list of subdivisions in the area which is expected to open in 2021. While many of the properties are traditional condos the are several condo-hotels which include Lift, Waldorf Astoria, Hyatt, Escala Lodge, Sundial Lodge, Silverado, Westgate, and The Grand Summit.
It should be noted that condo hotel financing is different than traditional financing and they may require 25%-30% down but do not worry because there are some lenders that can provide Fannie Mae program on specific properties. My career in real estate started in mortgage financing and I ensure my clients speak with the best lenders available for this specific product type. It's always good to work with a lender that understands the nuances of The Canyons Village because there are nightly rentals which a traditional lender may not be familiar with and your loan may not be structured correctly.
Information About Newly Built Condos at The Canyons Village in Park City:
The Canyons has been one of the most active areas in all of Park City for new constructions. There have been several great ski-in-ski-out condos built in recent years or currently being built. If you would like additional information such as floor plans or available options, please feel free to reach out to me directly. Call Derrik at (435)200-5478!
- Apex Residences is a ski-in-ski-out 28-unit condo subdivision (63 total with a mix of Single Family, Townhouse, and Flats.). The Clubhouse offers luxurious amenities so owners can have private access to the 5,800 square feet clubhouse. Including a fitness center, club room and adjoining bar, heated outdoor pool, two hot tubs, fire pit, game room, dedicated concierge, treatment rooms, and splash pad. Apex has been designed so owners can ski to and from their homes directly onto the runs. The ski runs connect to either side of the development which features a ski bridge on one side and a ski trail that runs through the community. Apex is new construction and the development broke ground in 2016.
- The Ascent Hotel offers studio and one-bedroom condos that range from 351 to 564 square feet. The location is about a minute's walk from the Frostwood Gondola.
- Blackstone Residences is located at the base of the canyons and is a short walk to the Cabriolet "People Mover" for ski access. There will be three condominium buildings with four floorplans to choose from and one or two assigned underground parking spaces. The owners of Blackstone Residences will have ski access with a quick walk to the Cabriolet "People Mover" near the 7-11 at the entrance of The Canyons.
- Fairway Springs Ski and Golf Villas offer great views of the valley floor of Park City. It is a short walk to the Frostwood Gondola to provide easy access to the base of The Canyons Village. The subdivision is designed around the 18-hole par-70 course golf course at the Canyons. Fairway Springs offers luxury finishes and the cost of the HOA is kept down by not offering a pool or other amenities that can add up in cost. There is the possibility of owners joining the Waldorf Astoria if they would like to have amenities.
- Frostwood Villas is in a similar area as Fairway Springs and the HOA provides a shuttle service for ski access to the Frostwood Gondola. The floorplans are designed well with large windows and tall ceilings on the living level as well as the basement. Access to Frostwood Villas can be through The Canyons or there is an entrance through from Sun Peak drive which will be a bit quicker during ski seasons.
- Juniper Landing condos are located between the 9th and 10th fairway of the Canyons Golf Course. The subdivision offers views of the mountains and ski runs. The ski access for Juniper Landing is via the Frostwood Gondola and it's only 7 minutes from Old Town Park City.
- Lift Condominiums for sale in The Canyons offers what I feel is the best location for ski-in-ski-out condos in The Canyons Village for new construction. The subdivision is comprised of 61 mountain contemporary condos that can be over from approximately 800-3,200 square feet. The Lift developers take pride in their open-concept floorplans, large windows, and a high level of amenities. The amenities include a large pool with an outdoor living room, cabanas, two hot tubs, and fireplace, a fitness center, a club room/game room, easy access for skiing to the Sunrise chairlift.
- Pendry Residences is being developed by the same group that developed Montage Deer Valley. The 152 luxury residences are being sold fully furnished with everything down to the silverware. Pendry is a ski-in-ski-out property that has access to The Canyons Village ski resort. Each residence is designed to maximize the views and natural light.
- The Ridge at Canyons Village offers large square footage and is ski-in but not ski-out. The luxury townhome development is light on amenities which helps keep the HOA manageable for new construction in The Canyons Village. The location is walkable to Pendry and the heart of The Canyons.
- White Pine Canyon Village has 8 luxury townhomes in phase one. The village will eventually be six twin homes, two tri-plexes, and three four-plexes with penthouses. The penthouses will span the entire top floor and have a private elevator. The clubhouse will offer a year-round heated pool, hot tub, outdoor BBQ, TV, lounge seating, and pool table.
- YOTELPAD Condominiums in Park City offers 144 condominiums below the base of The Canyons Village. The concept of a PAD is to have the necessities in a smaller unit then share the areas that may not be used as often with other owners. PAD properties will be rented on a rotating system which ensures that rentals are equal for all owners. They have been designed with the Park City rental market in mind - the minimum number of people a studio will sleep is four and a three-bedroom can sleep up to ten guests.
My Favorite Condominiums in The Canyons Village
If you're looking to buy a condominium at The Canyons Village in Park City I'd like to offer a little insight - always feel free to contact me with any questions regarding Park City real estate. If I were looking for a condo in the Canyons simply based on location and wanted to keep the price down I'd look into the Sundial Lodge because it's essentially ski-in-ski-out at a great price.
For new construction, I'd recommend Pendry if you want to be in the middle of The Canyons Village and easily access all the summer activities as well - Apex would be close behind depending on the unit's views and value.
I also really like The Ridge at Canyons Village townhomes, Fairway Springs Ski and Golf Villas Condominiums because of the views, they are close to skiing, but you aren't necessarily in the hub, and I think they work well for long extended stays in Park City. If I were looking for a condo that was going to be turnkey with strong rentals that I could buy today I'd look into The Waldorf Astoria.
Why Buy a Condominium in The Canyons?
Real Estate in Park City, Utah offers many advantages over other ski towns. The ease of access is the number one factor that allows my clients from all over the nation (or world but less than 1% of our owners are international) to decide to buy a vacation property here. For the sake of the paragraph let's say you've already decided to purchase a condo in the best ski-town in America and now you are trying to drill down to find where you really want to own a condo in Park City.
The Canyons is the closest ski property once you get off the freeway and is conveniently located between Kimball Junction and Old Town for additional entertainment and dining. There are properties that work well for long-term living such as Fairway Springs or Frostwood Villas that allow for bigger groups to come and stay in one property rather than renting several units. If you would like something for only two people and plan on renting a few extra units when others come with you to Park City the Waldorf, Hyatt Centric Park City, Lift, etc. that is a great option.
The Canyons Village offers more newly built condos than any other area of town - so if you're looking for something new and fresh, you've found your spot! The Canyons is hard to beat if you have skiers and snowboarders in your group that would appreciate a ski-condo that is centrally located and great for all four seasons!
Frequently Asked Questions about The Canyons Condos
- Who Manages The Canyons ski resort?
- The Canyons is managed by Vail Resorts, Inc. NYSE: MTN.
- Is The Canyons Village overbuilt?
- I don't know. I do know that Vail has done a great job with increasing the property values in the area as well as their stock since acquiring The Canyons, Park City Mountain Resort, and several other ski resorts worldwide. I don't have a crystal ball but I think they will continue to manage the expansion of The Canyons real estate and continue to attract more skiers to Park City. Their goal is to have skiers enjoy their stay and manage the customer experience so I still think there's plenty of room for expansion.
- Can you ski from The Canyons to Park City?
- Yes, and Park City Mountain's blog has done a nice job of giving directions.
- What is this RVMA or CVMA fee that I heard about?
- "There is a 2% CVMA transfer fee that goes to public services, amenities, maintenance, and transportation with Canyons. This fee is collected on nearly all areas within Canyons except some Sundial and some Grand Summit, Red Pine ($50 fee), Hidden Creek, and Colony are not subject to the CVMA transfer fee." This information is from a blog I wrote a few years ago but you can see the entire post in the Related Searches section below. I'd recommend reading The Canyons Resort Village Management Agreement from 1999.
Browse The Canyons Village Real Estate
Related Searches to The Canyons Condos for Sale
- The Canyons Homes for Sale in Park City, Utah
- Park City Ski Condo MLS Search
- Deer Valley Real Estate
- Park City Luxury Condos for Sale
- When is the best time of year to buy a condo in Park City
- Things to Know When Buying Canyons Village Real Estate in Park City