The Advantages of Working with Derrik Carlson & KW Park City Keller Williams Real Estate:
In this article, I will tell you the benefits of working with Derrik Carlson who is a top producing realtor in Park City, Utah. We will also dive into the benefits of working with the number one real estate brokerage in the world Keller Williams and the group Keller Williams Luxury International.
Park City and the surrounding area is what we call an inbound market. The average buyer comes from over 500 miles away when moving to or buying a vacation property in the Park City area. What that means is the listing broker and agent needs to have a long reach to attract international buyers as well as buyers from Alaska to Florida and New York to California. In reality, about 1% of the property owners in Deer Valley and Park City, Utah are international and 40% of the international owners come from Mexico. The top five states that non-primary owners live permanently are California, Florida, Texas, New York, and Illinois. I mention this because it's important for agents and brokerages to spend their marketing dollars on areas that will produce the highest results - I market my listings to Mexico, China, India, Australia, etc but most of my marketing dollars are spent trying to attract the person who is most likely to buy a property in Utah. I market to buyers in the top five states and base their targeting on income and assets. I have built my business with specific systems and processes to help out of state or country buyers easily buy a property here. I believe that myself and Keller Williams provide the best representation to those who are buying and selling real estate in the Park City area.
I have aligned myself with KW Park City Keller Williams Real Estate (KWPC) and Keller Williams Luxury International, an elite club that only a handful of top producing agents are eligible to join, because the brokerage has the largest and well known real estate franchize in the World. Keller Williams has 975 offices and 186,000 associates to make us the number one brokerage for unit and sales volume in the United States. If you've seen the HGTV real estate shows you've seen plenty of Keller Williams agents. I've dealt with clients from all over the World that walk in the door with trust already built with the brand.
KWPC also allows me to showcase my listings and use all our offices at the locations below. I tend to use the Sun Peak, Deer Valley, and Midway offices the most because the parking situation on Main St. can be challenging at times. I'm always happy to meet at any of the following locations.
- Sun Peak Office | Derrik Carlson Real Estate: 1750 Sun Peak Drive, Park City, Utah 84098
- Deer Valley Office: 1375 Deer Valley Drive Park City, Utah 84060
- Park City Main Street Office: 693 Main Street Park City, Utah 84060
- Midway Office: 380 E. Main St Midway, Utah 84049
When you work with me you get:
- Local knowledge about Park City homes and condos.
- A fully committed ally to negotiate on your behalf.
- Systems to streamline the buying and selling process.
- The backing of the #1 real estate brokerage in the World.
- Easy to use technology to search properties and sign contracts.
- I'll call you back in 24 hours or I'll pay you $100.00
I am committed to helping with your property search by:
- Previewing or doing live walkthroughs of Park City homes and condos on your behalf.
- Personally touring homes and neighborhoods when you are in town.
- Keeping you up to date with the local market daily or weekly as well as a monthly overview.
- Providing cutting edge technology to search properties at your leisure.
- Advising you of homes or condos that have sold in the area and for how much.
- Working together to find the right property for you to live life on vacation.
As mentioned earlier, I am a member for Keller Williams Luxury International (KWLI). "The Luxury group is an exclusive, elite, and sophisticated group of real estate consultants raising the bar for service in the upper-tier home market." To be able to join the group I was required to take extensive Luxury Real Estate training and the production requirement is to close two or more transactions in the last 12 months at the top 10% of the market. KWLI provides robust marketing tools that allow for exclusive and professionally designed marketing materials and press release templates for new listings. I'm also able to syndicate my listings in DuPont Registry, Unique Homes, Robb Report, The Wall Street Journal, International New York Times, Global Listings, Mansion Global and other luxury publications.
Real estate has been my passion since I attended Westminster College when I began as a mortgage originator and soon purchased my first investment properties. Here is a little more about myself.
- Degrees in Finance & Management
- Mortgage Lender for an Inc 500 Bank (2004)
- Purchase First Investment Property at 23 Years Old
- Managed an 85 Unit Condo Development in the Caribbean
- Owned, Managed, and Repaired Income Properties for Investors
- Became License to Sell Real Estate In the State of Utah in 2012
- Became a top 10 agent out of 1,500+ agents for Keller Williams, Utah
- Sells 10X More Residential Properties Than The Average Realtor in Utah
- Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS)
- Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE)
Here are my strengths:
- Narrowing the search - I have helped clients narrow their search in hours after looking with other agents for years. That allows for your next trip to Park City to be all about fun rather than looking at properties.
- Negotiations - I take pride in negotiations and one of the best feelings is knowing you negotiated a great deal for your clients. I work with clients that negotiate billion-dollar transactions in their daily life and how they want to negotiate their personal real estate transaction is different than how most people negotiate. An agent can get excited and show their hand too early but I find that staying calm and steady helps in negotiations.
- Calm and steady - keeping an active negotiation calm and steady tends to help buyers and sellers get the best deal. The tremendous value is staying calm is after an issue comes up in lending or after an inspection and having the other side want to work with my clients to stay on the path to closing.
- Working with anyone in any price range - one of my true gifts is being able to work with someone who is in the $250,000 price range to the multimillion-dollar price range. I have built my business with the idea that of how would I like to be treated when buying one of the largest investments in my life. Maybe buying in Park City is the biggest investment in your personal life, or maybe it isn't, but I handle 100% of your transaction to make sure you aren't handed off to someone else to deal with the paperwork.
- Marketing - I'm really good at marketing. I have not listed a single home or condo that I did not sell since 2015 ... but I do have a One Day Listing Guarantee where there was a scenario where a seller decided not to sell after getting a full priced offer in 2016 - he reached out to me last month and said he's ready to sell his home this spring and build his dream property.
- Follow-Up - the secret to my success has been my follow-up. Following up leads to being in the right place at the right time more often than not.
Here are my weaknesses:
- I'm not good at the fluffy stuff. I don't walk around the house holding your hand telling you how fantastic the kitchen sink is or why you have to buy this specific home. I tend to stay quiet and wait for you to ask "what do you think". You'll be the owner that will live in and love the property and my goal is to make sure you get a great deal and to handle any issues we might have (inspection, appraisal, etc) along the way.
- I'm not good at high pressured sales. When representing buyers I like to think that I allow buyers to make the choice if they like the property and then I dig into the fun stuff. When I'm representing a seller I do point out every great feature about the property.
- I'm not good at telling clients unrealistic values. While this can kind of hurt me on initial listing appointments and I'd like to note that I'm willing to work with sellers so long as we have a plan to sell the property over time. What I'm not willing to do list your property for sale at 130% of the value or to have a buyer offer 60% of asking price (unless it's justifiable). I always need a path to present a logical argument to the other side to help prove value.
In closing, I've done all the heavy lifting for you. I'm with the number one brokerage in the World by the number of units sold and total dollar volume. I provide superior marketing and focus my resources on the highest possibility to find someone looking to buy or sell real estate in Park City. I've made it easy for you to visit www.RealEstateInParkCity.com and search every home or condo listed by every broker in Park City. I'll do video walkthroughs with you to help you better understand a property you are interested in buying. By being a top producing agent I've been able to align myself with Keller Williams Luxury International and have four local KWPC offices to help showcase your property for sale. I've told you an elevator version about myself along with the strengths and weaknesses. My goal is to help you live life on vacation!
Derrik Carlson is a Park City Realtor that helps buyers and sellers find and purchase homes and condos in Park City, Utah. He has aligned himself with Keller Williams Luxury International and Keller Williams Park City to help provide his clients with the highest possibilities of success. Derrik has taken the long path through real estate in a short amount of time to become a top 1% agent by volume for Keller Williams Utah. You now know where his four offices are in the Park City area, what you get when working with Derrik Carlson and Keller Williams, his extensive background in real estate, and his strengths/weaknesses.
KW Keller Williams Park City Real Estate
Top 1% of Agents in Keller Williams Utah
Keller Williams Luxury International Member
1750 Sun Peak Drive Park City, Utah 84098