Derrik Carlson - Real Estate Agent Resume
Derrik was born in Durango, Colorado, and grew up in a tiny town south of Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Choosing the road less taken, Derrik attended Westminster College in Salt Lake City, earning degrees in finance and management.
While attending college at Westminster, Derrik, unknowingly at the time, met the beautiful woman that eventually would become the love of his life and his wife. Between meeting Holly and the wedding day, adventure and education within the real estate industry would help shape Derrik into the real estate advisor, he is today.
While in college, Derrik began working with an Inc. 500 mortgage bank to understand the lending and mortgage industry fully. Although he was based in Salt Lake City, Derrik helped homeowners and investors purchase and refinance properties from Alaska to South Carolina.
At 23, Derrik purchased his first investment property before informing his family that he would accept a position with Altura Investments to maintain and manage the day-to-day operations of an 85-unit development on the Island of Roatan in Honduras.
Approximately twelve months later, he returned to the mountains of Utah and started a lending company that provided short-term bridge loans for home builders. Meanwhile, Derrik kept a pulse on the real estate markets and started purchasing and rehabbing additional investment properties for long-term rentals.
Between purchasing his ninth investment property and marrying Holly, he decided it was time to change directions and applied his knowledge and skill to help others buy and sell property luxury real estate in Park City and the Deer Valley® Resort area.
Derrik holds the designation of Certified Negotiation Expert. He is a member in good standing with the Institute for Luxury Home Marketing and is a certified Resort & Second Home Real Estate advisor. Derrik is committed to providing exceptional service to help clients reach their Real Estate dreams and goals.
Real Estate Experience
- Real Estate Consultant
KW Park City Keller Williams Real Estate · Park City, Ut
January 2012 - Present
- Specialties | Real Estate Consulting, Negotiation, Luxury Vacation Properties (Ski & Golf)
- Extreme Real Estate Marketing & Follow-Up.
- Top 10 Single Producing Agents, by volume, out of 1,500 Keller Williams Utah Realtors.
- Acknowledgment for building one of the top real estate websites.
- Accepted into the Luxury Division of Keller Williams Real Estate
- Top 35 Agent for Keller Williams Worldwild
- President, Owner, Manager
September 2006 - 2019
- Direct and coordinate the activities of contract personnel and evaluate their performance.
- Investigate complaints, disturbances, and violations and resolve problems following management rules and regulations.
- Inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment routinely to determine the necessity of repairs or maintenance.
- Solicit and analyze bids from contractors for repairs, renovations, and maintenance.
- Planned, scheduled, and coordinated general maintenance, major repairs, and remodeling or construction projects for commercial or residential properties.
- Maintain records of sales, rental or usage activity, maintenance, and operating costs.
- Meet with prospective tenants to show properties, and explain terms of occupancy.
- Direct collection of monthly assessments, rental fees, and deposits and payment of insurance premiums, mortgages, taxes, and incurred operating expenses.
- Purchase building and maintenance supplies, equipment, or furniture.
- Review rents to ensure that they are in line with rental markets.
- Market vacant space to prospective tenants through advertising.
- Prepare detailed budgets and financial reports for properties.
- Negotiate the sale or lease and complete or review appropriate documents and forms.
- Act as liaisons between on-site managers or tenants and owners.
- Analyze information on property values, taxes, zoning, population growth, and traffic volume and patterns to determine if properties should be acquired.
- Negotiate loans to finance construction and ownership of structures.
- Foreign Operations Director
Altura Investments · Roatan Honduras
February 2007 - March 2008
- Acted as the sole point of contact for developing The Grand Roatan, an 86-unit condominium complex on 17 acres in the Western Caribbean.
- Liaison between suppliers, builders, and developers to maintain project flow.
- Controlled day-to-day operations with foreign government and subcontractors.
- Maintained project budget and cash flow.
- Oversaw the sales process.
- Residential Loan Officer / Manager
USA Lending Group / Meridias Capital·Greater Salt Lake City Area
June 2003 - February 2007
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options and the terms of those services.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other information.
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine the feasibility of granting loans.
- Meet with applicants to obtain loan application information and answer questions about the process.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products to meet customers' needs better.
- Analyze potential loan markets in Alaska, Colorado, Montana, Tennessee, Florida, Utah, and Wyoming.
- Review loan agreements to ensure they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Confer with underwriters to aid in resolving mortgage application problems.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Interview, hire, and train new employees.
- Supervise loan personnel.
Real Estate Education
- Keller Williams Luxury Homes International Luxury Real Estate
Luxury Real Estate
2018 - current
Powerful curriculum through the Institute of Luxury Home Marketing and Keller Williams University keeps our consultants ahead of trends, tools, and advancements in the real estate industry.
POWERFUL TECHNOLOGY AND MARKETING
Our leading-edge technology solutions accelerate efficiency and productivity, including every tool to help connect buyers and sellers as quickly as possible. No matter which side of the transaction you're on, the process will be smoother and faster.
INTEGRITY IN EVERY INTERACTION
Keller Williams Realty and KW Luxury International were founded on the principles of trust and honesty, emphasizing that no transaction is worth our reputation and always putting the customers' needs first.
TRACK RECORD OF SUCCESS
Our KW Luxury Consultants must meet certain qualifications to join our network – each has a proven track record of delivering unparalleled service to their clients.
RSPS Certification - National Association of Realtors
Real Estate, Resort & Second Home Specialist
2015 - current
The Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS) certification is for REALTORS® who specialize in buying and selling properties for investment, development, retirement, or second homes in resort, recreational, and/or vacation destinations.
The Institute for Luxury Home Marketing
Luxury Homes and Condos, Real Estate
2014 - 2017
Extensive training in providing quality service and effective results in luxury real estate marketing.
CNE: Certified Negotiation Expert
Real Estate Negotiation Institute
2013 - current
Advanced training in the art of real estate negotiation.
Westminster College | Liberal Arts | Salt Lake City, UT
Double Major in Finance & Management Degrees
2002 - 2006
*Your information will never be shared with any third party.